Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I'm recently married and pregnant. However, my husband has

Customer Question

I'm recently married and pregnant. However, my husband has caused me to lose respect and love for him. I want a divorce. And we just sent the application for a temporary green card for him i-130. If I don't withdraw the application before it gets approved and work on the marriage but if it still doesn't work out then do I have the opportunity to back out of the green card process before he gets the permanent greencard? I made a mistake in marrying him too soon and he pressured me into a pregnancy too soon.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. You have the opportunity to back out before the I-485 is approved. You can get the I-130 approved and not have a liability issue, but once the I-485 is approved, the I-865 Affidavit of Support kicks in and you would be financially liable. It is ok to withdraw the I-485 and file it again later. The same with the I-130 if you like.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

By the way, if you require additional help with your case, I have different plans available from just review of the forms and evidence to full blown representation. These are my favorite cases to do. If you want to know more, just accept the Premium Service offer so that I can give you my contact information or contact you directly. Thank you!

Hello Rashana. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.