How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3941
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I have been merried for 10yrs. We have three

Customer Question

My husband and I have been merried for 10yrs. We have three children together. Prior to our marriage he had two illegal entires to the us. The last entry was just prior to out marriage. We saw a lawyer about 4yrs ago that stated we had no options since he had permanent bar. Have there been any law changes that could help us now?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: It has been about 4 yrs ago when we last spoke to a lawyer.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We really hope there is some option. We have three children and all have health problems. We have a house too.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Was your husband actually deported or caught at the border during these times?