Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Am trying to find out something am with a us citizen and we

Customer Question

hi am trying to find out something am with a us citizen and we want to get married but he went to prison on some gun and attempted murder charges will it affect him applying for my green card? and the six month that i was given to stay in the us has passed
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: no we arent ,arried yet we want to find out if its possible for him to file for me and my kids cause my kids are in my country married*
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. How long will he be incarcerated? What has he been convicted of?

How long will he be incarcerated? What has he been convicted of?