How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live since twenty years in this country.i was married to a

Customer Question

I live since twenty years in this country.i was married to a disabled vet. Two month ago my husband died. I found out that not all of my immigration papers have been filed. My social security number is ***** valid for work. What am I supposed to do now?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 11 months ago.

This is immigration law yer Bill assisting you today with you immigration dilemma.

Please provide some more information to give me a better idea about your question.

What is your current immigration status and what visa do you have to reside in the US ?

Are you a green card holder or have you applied previously ?

When was your last communication with USCIS and immigration ?

Have been living here illegally ?

Attorney Bill

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have never applied for a green card. Ido not know my immigration status. I thought that I was legally here, after we where married. My last communication with immigration was many years ago.
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 11 months ago.

When was the last time you crossed immigration and border control ?

What visa did you have that time ?

What's your nationality ?

attorney Bill