How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3958
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife is in nigeria and has a visa to come here but the

Customer Question

my wife is in nigeria and has a visa to come here but the embassy says I don't make enough money to have her come here and I cnt find a co sponsor to get her here so i don't know what can be done to help her
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: they have all been approved just the financials are not complete
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what do u mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: what do u mean about what has been filed all the paper work has been filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just is there a way to get her her on my present finances
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

If your wife already has a visa then she no longer needs to show her her finances.

If you mean that she is still applying for a visa then that is different. In that case, unfortunately you do have to show that you earn enough to support her. If you do not have a joint sponsor, maybe you can show that you have assets such as a home that you can also use to put towards your income. You would need to have at least 3 times the amount you have missing in income. For example, if you are missing $5,000 to reach the amount you need then you need to show that you have at least $15,000 ($5,000 x 3) in assets if you are a US citizen. If you are not a US citizen then you need at least 5 times the missing amount.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.


Related Immigration Law Questions