How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4741
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About inmigration

Customer Question

About inmigration
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello Luna my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you.

What is your specific quick question?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tk I'm married for 3 years with American guy. I'M Permanent resident for 3 years,can I ask for my citizens card? What I need ,how long is there process?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

If you have been a resident for at least 3 years and married to a US citizen then yes you qualify to apply. You also must have been present inside the US for at least half of the last 3 years and have no trips outside the US of more than 6 months.

All you have to do is fill out the N-400 form on and send copies of your income taxes for the last 3 years, a copy of your green card, proof that you are with your husband still such as joint bank accounts, joint lease, joint bills, etc. Also the fee of $680 which will be going up in December. You should try to do it before then.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How long could be the process and,can I include my daughter single 32 years old live in Colombia in the petition?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you suggest I go with lawyer
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

The process is taking about 4-5 months. You also have to remember there is a civics test that you have to study. No, you cannot include anyone in the petition. Once you are a citizen, you can petition for her.

A lawyer is not necessary unless you have any criminal record but it's up to you. Some people just feel better having the attorney to guide them.

I hope this has helped you and hope you can leave a positive rating.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, yes how can I help you. Please kindly note that you still have not issues feedback for my answer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Tk for answer ,I would to know if hire lawyer for what that help me?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also I want to know what mean revoked turist visa and how can be the visa back because they revoked tourist visa my relative trying visited me 2 days ago and inmigration airport let him put his print in the computer and show he received 3 check from his uncle and they say you work last time you need back your country tomorrow put in bars for night don't give food send to his country next day don't let him call family and he is 20 years old
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

That is a separate question. I am happy to answer it, but I just need to make sure you understand that this website works with ratings. That is the only way that we experts receive credit for our hard work. I can only continue if you are ok with doing that.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You didnt answer to me if lawyer can go with me during interview
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Yes, you can definitely hire an attorney. They can make sure that you qualify to apply and can help you gather and submit all the correct paperwork to make sure it's done as fast as possible. They can help prepare you for the questions during the interview. They can also go with you to the interview but they cannot answer questions for you or help you with the test.

I hope this helps you.

And I do hope that I have now earned a positive rating from you. Thank you in advance for your consideration of our time and assistance to you. Best of luck.

Related Immigration Law Questions