Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Of all, I want to thank you for your advises. I'm now a

Customer Question
for Judith First of all, I...
for Judith
First of all, I want to thank you for your advises. I'm now a full-fledged US citizen.
Let me explain you about my family outside the country because I want to bring them here:
My fiancee lives in Colombia. She is the mother of our daughter of 9 years old.
And my fiancee is mother of a boy of near 15 years old. (he is not my son)
Let me know how would be the best way to reunite my family in the USA
Miguel
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/15/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Congratulations!

You can either bring them here on the K1 for fiance and K2 for the step-son.

However, you would have to file the I-130 immigrant petition for your daughter together.

So is there any possibility of getting married and bringing them all here under the K3?

You file the I-130- one for each of the, wife, daughter and step-son and then file the I-129F so they can enter to adjust status in the US with the pending I-130.

That way every one is on the same wave and all would be sure to be processed together at the same time.

Judith

Ely, Counselor at Law