How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3941
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Of all, I want to thank you for your advises. I'm now a

Customer Question

for Judith
First of all, I want to thank you for your advises. I'm now a full-fledged US citizen.
Let me explain you about my family outside the country because I want to bring them here:
My fiancee lives in Colombia. She is the mother of our daughter of 9 years old.
And my fiancee is mother of a boy of near 15 years old. (he is not my son)
Let me know how would be the best way to reunite my family in the USA
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 8 months ago.


You can either bring them here on the K1 for fiance and K2 for the step-son.

However, you would have to file the I-130 immigrant petition for your daughter together.

So is there any possibility of getting married and bringing them all here under the K3?

You file the I-130- one for each of the, wife, daughter and step-son and then file the I-129F so they can enter to adjust status in the US with the pending I-130.

That way every one is on the same wave and all would be sure to be processed together at the same time.


Related Immigration Law Questions