How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5232
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

FOR (NEW QUESTION), I am wondering what is the worst that

Customer Question

Hi Jennifer, I am wondering what is the worst that could happen to me if something goes seriously wrong on my way back.
I am wondering, since It's been more than 15 years, and I am fully rehabilitated under INA §212(h)(1).Also my research indicates that under §212(h)(1)(B) , the fact that my wife had a brain surgery recently and that I am the sole provider for our family (two 16 years old twins), I may demonstrate extreme hardship for a waiver. Do you think I am thinking along the right lines with these waiver laws. I am not a lawyer, but am researching things so I can educate myself and assess my risk of travel.In addition, my conviction was in 1991 for a 4th degree offense that may not qualify as an aggravated assault (or sexual abuse of a minor) per Stubbs vs Attorney General.
Am I generally thinking along the correct lines here? I know there are no guarantees but it should be unlikely that they will find me inadmiissible or deportable. If they do, I do have a good defense, I am thinking. I am trying to get your advise and opinion.
Thanks! Sam
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

These are things that would come into play only if you were placed into immigration court proceedings upon your entry back to the US. In that case, yes you would have a good case for a 212(h) defense based on being inadmissible.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.