How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28861
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks for comming on here to help me i'm trying to file my

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: thanks for comming on here to help me i'm trying to file my applu=ycation for green card and work autorisation
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: not yet i have all my forms i have fill it all up but then i do not know where to send the forms to
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing else
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

On what basis are you apply for your permanent resident status?


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Spouse of a US citizen
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't know where to send all the forms to
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

There is no way to expedite the process. The average wait time for the interview is 8-12 months. Your spouse can work and travel while waiting.

You did not tell me what type of visa he entered the US with?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All I need is the uscis office address where I need to send my applications to
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm in Brooklyn New York
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have everything I need but the address of where to send it
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

Patience please. My whole answer to you was wiped out when you continued to post and not giving me a chance to answer you.

You need to wait now for me to re-write my answer.


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

I need t know what visa he entered the US with


Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

If he entered legally:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL###-##-####/p>

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL###-##-####/p>

Here is what you will need: Find instructions for each here:

I-130 Immigrant Petition (signed by US citizen spouse)

I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (signed by alien)

I-765 Employment Authorization Application (signed by alien)

I-131 Application for Travel Document (signed by alien- this document permits alien to travel during the pendency of their "green card" case)

G-325A Biographic Sheet (one for alien and one for their spouse)


A medical examination in a sealed envelope performed by a civil surgeon (find one here:

I-864 Affidavit of Support

Two passport sized photos of spouse

Six passport size photos of alien

Copy of alien’s passport including all blank pages and I-94

Copy of US citizen birth certificate, natz cert or passport

Copy of spouse's birth certificate

Copy of any divorce decrees

Copy of marriage certificate

One check for the I-130 in the amount of $420

One check for the I-485/765/131 in the amount of $1,070

The packet get filed at the PO box on Page 6 of the instructions

You can read about the process at this site

Conditional Resident status is granted for 2 years. You and your spouse have to file a joint petition to remove this conditional status within 90 days of the 2nd anniversary date of the adjustment approval.

and I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We are in New York though, yes he entered legally with B1 status , the Chicago address is where we send the forms to?
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.


Yes, all the forms go in one envelope with the supporting documents to the Chicago address.

Don't worry about order. The clerks take the package apart and put it in order as per their list.

All the best and congratulations on the marriage.



Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.

Related Immigration Law Questions