Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I got married 2 years ago to an american citizen. The

Customer Question

Hi there ... I got married 2 years ago to an american citizen.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: The marriage didnt work. We also never apply for the green card. Im divorced now, Getting married for the second time next month, I am still going to be able to be eligible for a green card?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: The marriage didnt work. We also never apply for the green card. Im divorced now, Getting married for the second time next month, I am still going to be able to be eligible for a green card?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Yes you are. Just because you were married to another US citizen and divorced, does not mean that you cannot marry again and have your spouse petition for your green card. You are definitely still eligible. The most important part is to have plenty of evidence of your relationship such as joint bank statements, joint bills, joint credit cards, joint insurances, joint lease, joint memberships, pictures. These are just some ideas.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you very much for your help...
But when you say,
Plenty of evidence like joint bank statements, pictures etc
Do you mean from my 1st marriage(the one I'm divorced) ?

I answered you in the other post. THank you.