LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for more than 3 decades.
15277592

For the affidavit of support i 864, to my file my card

Hello,, for the affidavit of support i 864, to my file my green card application. my friend is the one who gonna sponsor me with affidavit. but my friend cannot find her last year W2, can we apply without the last year w2, just show the current employment and salary certificate. Last year my friend filled w2, but she lost the copy ... can you help me with this ?

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The I864 form requires that the sponsor attach a copy of their tax return for the 2015 tax year. You cannot apply without your friend providing a copy of the 2015 tax return. It is not enough to only show present income and a salary certificate.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. So, please do be sure to rate my service to you. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If my friend cannot find the copy of her W2 ? is there any way that we can find online quicker ? or can we use anything instead of giving W2 printed copy ?
thank you sir

The form asks for a copy of the tax return, not the W-2. Attach a copy of the tax return. If the W-2 is missing that should not be a problem.

Please rate my service so I am compensated for helping. It costs you nothing to rate me.

Doug

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can we get the copy of tax returns online ? if yes , how soon we can get that ?
thank you sir

No, tax returns are not available online. You must apply to the IRS to get a copy of your return.

1. If you need an actual copy of a filed and processed tax return, it will cost $57 for each tax year. Complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years. Please allow 60 days for delivery.
  2. If you live in a Presidentially declared disaster area, the IRS may waive the fee to obtain copies of your tax returns. Visit IRS.gov and select the ‘Disaster Relief’ link in the lower left corner of the page for more about IRS disaster assistance.
  3. Forms 4506, 4506-T and 4506T-EZ are available at IRS.gov or by calling 800-TAX-FORM(###) ###-####.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Doug

Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope that you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply asking for me by name, Doug, in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again.

Doug