How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4865
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ma I want to confirm this my wife school said they taminated

Customer Question

Sir/ma I want to confirm this my wife school said they taminated her F1 status yesterday because was late to school couple of time,
What can I do ? And how long can she stay in the US after this out of status of the F1?
Also can I change her F1 to B2 because she has a valid visa up to a year and she will like to leave the US in February because she is due to give birth she is pregnant
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Depending on why they terminated her F1, she could apply for reinstatment of her visa inside here in the US. She ha up to 5 months after reinstatement to request this.

Technically she is supposed to depart from the US immediately after termination. A reasonable time is accepted however which is like 2 weeks. If she applied for reinstatement, she can stay in the US and wait for a decision. She does not have to change from F1 to B2 for this. If she needs to travel outside t

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

he US now she can return on her B2 visa but there is no guarantee that they will let her in.

Related Immigration Law Questions