How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and work on L1 visas for different companies. I am

Customer Question

hi, My wife and work on L1 visas for different companies. I am on L1A, she is on an L1B. I am thinking of getting my L1 converted to an L2 for the option of changing my employment. If I do so - I understand I will have to apply for an EAD. the question is - can I continue my employment on the L1 till I get the EAD, or will I have to quit? THanks, ***** ***** help
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I am employed in the US on an L1A
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 11 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.