How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lorens35 Your Own Question
Lorens35, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 33562
Experience:  Over 25 years of legal practice.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Lorens35 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A girl I work with from Liberia married her brother to bring

Customer Question

A girl I work with from Liberia married her brother to bring him to the US. Is that legal? how do I report them
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

Did she marry her brother in the US?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 9 months ago.

The most direct way to report fraud is to contact the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcemetn (ICE) division. They are the police force for immigration. You can contact them by phone and remain anonymous - 1-(866)-DHS-2-ICE or visit the website at These hotlines are specifically designated for reporting immigration violations.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If she I'd found guilty will they both be deported? She is also receiving government assistance of section 8 food stamps etc her brother(husband) doesn't live with her but her boyfriend does. Her aunt bright her to this country to escape war and lied about her age
Expert:  Lorens35 replied 9 months ago.

Yes, if she is here on a visa, the immigration fraud could result in both their deportation.

Related Immigration Law Questions