How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nisha Jones, Esq. Your Own Question
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 693
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Nisha Jones, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding nurse licensure in the state of

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have a question regarding nurse licensure in the state of FL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, it's regarding future licensure. i have a prior misdemeanor charge of underage possession of alcohol and possession of marijuana from 1998
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: it will be FL I want to become a nurse, but I don't want to go through all the schooling only to be denied at the end
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it for now

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

Did these charges occur in Florida? Were you charged as a juvenile for either of these crimes or did they occur after the age of 18?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
they occurred in FL. I was charged as an adult.

Good morning! Thanks for the additional information.

From my experience with other customers, I don't think charges like this would hinder you from obtaining your nursing license. To be sure though, my recommendation would be to contact the Nursing Board in Florida and verify with them. You can always do so anonymously as well. Their phone number is(###) ###-####and you can view their website at:

Additionally, you may be able to have one of your cases sealed or expunged so that it is removed from your record. You can find the information and application for this at the FDLE website:

My recommendation would be to first call and inquire whether the charges would even be a hindrance, and then look into sealing/expinging only if it becomes necessary.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can continue our conversation for free after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq. and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions