How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3956
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I married my boyfriend and he is not a citizen he's been

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I married my boyfriend and he is not a citizen he's been here for a few month it's almost time for him to leave but I want him to stay
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: It yet idk which ones to file
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No Can't really afford one
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 9 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Expert James replied 9 months ago.

Are you a US citizen? If not, what is your status?

Related Immigration Law Questions