How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5094
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a card holder permit resident in U.S. I have applied for

Customer Question

I'm a Green card holder permit resident in U.S.
I have applied for my 20 years daughter the I130 and she is approved. I know the visa wait time is long and she is about to turn 21 and the Waite is going to be longer. She is a Syrian Citizen and she is in Syria now. Since she is Syrian is there any way to expedite her visa processing time so I can bring here to US Faster? I'm really worried about her and life is not safe there anymore all of her family are here she is left behind.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney assisting you today. What is the priority date/receipt date of your I-130?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
october 2016
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
just applied
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the information. I'm so sorry but I will not have good news about this for you either. I hope you can understand that I do not make the law and I cannot change it. I must be honest with you and hope you can still rate me positively based on my service and not whether it's good or bad news.

Unfortunately, there is no way to expedite the visa processing time of the I-130 Immigrant Petition for your visa classification or for any classification even though your daughter is a Syrian citizen. The rules apply.

She can try to apply for a humanitarian parole at the US embassy and can also apply for refugee status outside of Syria given that you are in the US.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello again. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago but you did not ask any follow up questions or leave me any feedback. Is there anything else I can do to earn your positive rating.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of our hard work and time.