How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 116710
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the sole owner of a LLC registered in Curacao and this

Customer Question

I am the sole owner of a LLC registered in Curacao and this business has a branch office in Suriname (South America). O both I am the director. If I establish a branch office in Orlando, will I be eligible for the L visa. I have not filed any request yet.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I don't have any pending applications.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not yet i am in the preparation stage to file an E-2 request but just found out that maybe I can go for the L visa.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In first instance I was looking for a visa that brings me in the position to request a green within a short while, but the E-2 does not lead to that.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are a director or manager and will be coming to the US to establish and set up a new business or branch then you can apply for and qualify for the L visa with USCIS. The E-2 visa is usually a bit more difficult to obtain because you have to prove creation of jobs and investment of cash into the US typically around $250,000 to $500,000 into the business. So if you are setting up here most times people start with the L visa and then seek to file a change of status as things get running well with the business in the US.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Immigration Law Questions