Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am the sole owner of a LLC registered in Curacao and this

Customer Question
business has a branch office...
I am the sole owner of a LLC registered in Curacao and this business has a branch office in Suriname (South America). O both I am the director. If I establish a branch office in Orlando, will I be eligible for the L visa. I have not filed any request yet.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I don't have any pending applications.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No not yet i am in the preparation stage to file an E-2 request but just found out that maybe I can go for the L visa.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In first instance I was looking for a visa that brings me in the position to request a green within a short while, but the E-2 does not lead to that.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/6/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 1 year ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are a director or manager and will be coming to the US to establish and set up a new business or branch then you can apply for and qualify for the L visa with USCIS. The E-2 visa is usually a bit more difficult to obtain because you have to prove creation of jobs and investment of cash into the US typically around $250,000 to $500,000 into the business. So if you are setting up here most times people start with the L visa and then seek to file a change of status as things get running well with the business in the US.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.