How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4722
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to marry my bf in mexico but i would like him to be

Customer Question

hello, i want to marry my bf in mexico but i would like him to be here by april i was wondering if that is possible. if not then he will need to get a work visa because he is in a band and is coming for an event. if i were to marry jim in january can he apply for his visa through work as well as me put the papers in as my husband?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

If you get married and then petition him the process takes about 9 months to a year for him arrive.

However- If you petition him as a fiance visa and send it immediately, there is a good chance that he can be here by April. The fiance visa takes about 6 months right now to complete but of course there is no guarantee. You can try the fiance visa and if it not ready by close to April, then yes.. he can still apply for a work visa but the chances that he will let it may be slimmer because the US will know that he has intentions to come and live here with you. He is not supposed to have those intentions to immigrate to the US while he is on a work visa so it's possible they may not give him the work visa, but he can try. The faster you send in the fiance visa on form I-129F, the better chances he has of being her by April.

I know immigration issues like these sometimes seem complicated and confusing. If at any time you would like to have a more detailed consultation by phone or if you need help with preparation or review of applications, I can send you an offer to exchange contact information so I may help you with these legal services for a reasonable fee. You don't have to decide if you would like that now, but just letting you know it's an affordable option for you to keep in mind for whenever you'd like.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago but you did not ask any follow up questions or leave any feedback. Is there anything else I can do to earn your positive rating.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of our hard work and time.

Related Immigration Law Questions