Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I am filing TPS for Nepal I mean I had already filed last

Customer Question
Hello JA: Hi. How can we...
Hello
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I am filing TPS for Nepal I mean I had already filed last time but my previous application is till pending
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: yes I had filed form i821 last time but my previous application is still pending
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my previous application for tps is pending and now they have extended the tps and I am confused if i need to re register
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/3/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

If your case is still pending, you do not need to re-register, but why is your case still pending?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They keep saying its still pending. I had forgot to check a box in the application and they requested further evidence asking me to check of the boxes. I sent that letter back and I saw update that they received the letter in December 2015. Since then I keep making case inquiries and they keep saying further review is needed pending adjudication.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello can I get a response ?

How do you make the case inquiries?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I make it online going to uscis web site and sometimes even calling the USCIS customer service number

Then the next step is that you should make an appointment to speak to an immigration officer in person. You can do that by going to http://infopass.uscis.gov/. Depending on what they tell you, you can continue to make such appointments every few weeks or so until you become a pain for them and they want to resolve your problem so that you go away and stop bothering them. You could file a new TPS petition, but they won't approve it while he other one is pending. That may work to "unstick" the first case, so you could try it, but I would to the Infopass appointment first.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my case is in nebraska service center and I am in minnesota. Will it make a difference if I make the appointments here in minnesota.

You can only make the appointment where you live, but the officer where you live can make inquiries.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I called higher level of customer service talked to immigration officers on the phone, they said i still need to file the re registration even if my application is pending
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are very confused on what they are saying over the phone, different immigration officers have different responses.

Ok. But that doesn't change my answer. Try Infopass and if they cannot help you, then try filing again and that may "unstick" your first case.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can i just file EAD card based on previous pending appication for now? No appointments available for next 14 days. My EAD card expires soon.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In case if I need to re register what fee should I pay, (for all the forms), it is not clearly posted on the website.

I would file a new I-765 with the new I-821. And yes, you would have to pay fees all over again because it is a new filing.

Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% to 40% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. That's the only reason I keep mentioning it. Sorry if it is a bother as it is not my intention. If you don't see the stars by my name, I think all you have to do is scroll to the top of the page or click on my name and they will come out. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.