Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

Was wondering under what type of work visa i fall into thank

Customer Question

hi there, was wondering under what type of work visa i fall into thank you
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no i dont , I used to live in the US where I got 2 degrees. I have a job opportunity in a firm in atlanta
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that s all I need to know so far, may be some other questions could rise after talking to an immigration lawyer...
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer. You can send a request to speak with me by phone by clicking on the "Call Me" button on this Q&A page.

Since your degrees were from the US you would only fall into the H1B category unless you are of extraordinary ability and then you would possibly qualify for an O-1 visa.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/o-1-visa-individuals-extraordinary-ability-or-achievement

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith