Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I'm on a B1 visa, and i've lived in the US for 9 years

Customer Question

Good afternoon I'm on a B1 visa, and i've lived in the US for 9 years pursuing my education. Now i want to pursue citizenship what is the most efficient way to go about that
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No i don't
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No i haven't I just saw your website on google
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that will be all. I went from F-1 to B-1 because i'm now in a carribean medical school doing my rotations in NY
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions. I am reviewing it and will post your answer momentarily.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer. You can send a request to speak with me by phone by clicking on the "Call Me" button on this Q&A page.

Actually the most efficient way to go about pursuing your permanent resident status which you must hold for a period of years before you can file for citizenship is through marriage to a US citizen.

Do you have a serious relationship with an American?

Judith