Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have been married to my spouse for about two months and we

Customer Question

I have been married to my spouse for about two months and we have had our share of conflict. however I am in a state of shock now as my spouse has disappeared.His clothes and stuff are in the house and my car too is gone. This is the car I bought before marriage and has me as name on title. he has filed an i130 on my behalf just days ago so we have not yet heard from uscis. I am very confused and in shock. his phone has been ringing no pick up since three days now
JA: Is your spouse a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident?
Customer: Us citizen
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Are you wondering what the state of your immigration status might be, if he does not return to the marriage?

Hi, just wanted to make sure that you got my prior response, and that you know you can reply to my questions here, free of charge. Think of this as more of a back and forth discussion, so that I can help you get the answers you need.

Again, so sorry to hear that you're having some problems with your marriage, are you wondering what the possible immigration consequences of this might be for you?