How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 26788
Experience:  18 years of criminal litigation experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Louisiana, in New orleans, I was pled guilty for simple

Customer Question

In Louisiana, in New orleans, I was pled guilty for simple battery, pay Fine and stay in jail -1 day. Criminal case cloused. What should I write in the Visa application form? I will apply in US embassy in Russia, in Moscow.
Thank you in advance, for any advice!
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.

If you pled guilty or no contest to a simple battery, then even if you did not do more than just pay a fine, you have been convicted of a misdemeanor and you have a US criminal record. You must disclose that on your visa application.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dear Zoey,
Thank you for your quick answer.Honestly it was my friend - Alexey (who is pleading guilty), may be you may review the document from court ( please find it attached) Should he describe full story line or just put at visa application - final court resolution?
Waiting for your comments,Best Regards,
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.

Sorry for the delay, Tatiana. I was away from the computer.

I don't have a copy of the visa application. Probably what they want is what he was charged with, what he pled guilty to and what his sentence was. However, he should read the directions carefully and answer exactly what the government asks for, no more and no less. He has the document you attached and he can show that if they want further details.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.