Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My bf is c1/d visa and I'm immigrant is it possible that we

Customer Question
hi JA: Hi. What is your...
hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: my bf is c1/d visa and I'm immigrant is it possible that we can be together after his contract?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: my ir2 I'm ir2 my stepmom petition me when I was 20 shes American citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes but maybe its expensive to ask a lawyer
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
11/1/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. You are already a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident?

Please respond here. How long have you had U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident status?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4 1/2 years
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm immigrant, came here april 19, 2012

Ok. Well, I have good news and bad news. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

First, he is currently here because he entered the U.S. as a crewmember?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
his here, and still in the working in the ship
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi. I came here April 19, 2012. My petitioner is my American Citizen stepmom, my visa status is IR2. When I can file my citizenship? I have boyfriend in Cruiseship right now, his visa is c1/d? Can I petition him while on board as immigrant? or do I need to be a citizen to petition him? Can he changestatus here in America? We don't want to be apart already.

Well, the good news is that when you reach 4 years and 9 months of U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency, you can file the N-400 and within 5 to 7 months or so, you should have U.S. Citizenship if all goes well. The bad news is that the C-1/D is one of the worst visas to have. I am so glad you are checking this now because too many people make the mistake of thinking that they can stay and marry a U.S. Citizen and everything will be ok. That is one of the 2 visas that he CANNOT stay and Adjust Status. There are no exceptions for you to help him stay. He MUST leave. You can save time by filing an I-130 for him now and upgrading it after you become a U.S. Citizen. He should be able to come to the U.S. just a few months after you become a U.S. Citizen. I am truly sorry, I know you do not want to be separated, but as I said, that's one of the worst visas to have.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.