How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3952
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

No... I am on J1 visa and been charged with sec 472a child

Customer Question

JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: No... I am on J1 visa and been charged with sec 472a child endangerment. My visa expires on Dec 30 2016 . But not sure if court date will go beyond that as we are working to get the case waived. Should i leave by Dec 30 ? Could you please advise
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have a criminal defense lawyer... But this is related to immigration...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Sorry about the delay. You have not been convicted?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not convicted...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The case is ongoing and we are trying to get it waived before Dec 2016. But if it is beyond Dec 2016. I don't have visa and work. What should I do then ?

Related Immigration Law Questions