How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28927
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a lady in the Philippines who wants to come here. What

Customer Question

Have a lady in the Philippines who wants to come here. What is the fastest way and the most economical way? I am very confused!
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet? What confuses you?
Customer: None yes! Does she file them or do I. She wants to go to school and maybe stay! Possible marriage as well
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I am aware of
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

It is confusing because there is no definite plan and to be able to come to the US there has to be a plan.

She either needs to apply to a school and be a student. She cannot work as a student.

She has to first find the school, communicate with the admissions office and they will see if she qualifies to be admitted and then they issue her paperwork to apply for the visa. She needs to show she has the money to pay for school and to live on without working.

Marriage - another route but you have to first meet face to face and that would involve you going to the Philippines and then filing a fiance visa petition for her. There has to be a face to face meeting for you to file.

The Embassy will not give her a tourist visa for her to come here to meet you. They will not believe she will go back home. That is required to be a tourist - intent to return.

What is she doing now in the Philippines?

Did you meet on the internet and develop a relationship? Is it romantic?

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.



Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 10 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.