Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I applied for my immigration visa application under EB3

Customer Question

I applied for my immigration visa application under EB3 through counselor processing at Montreal. I have paid application fee for myself, my spouse and for my son. Last week NVC sent an e-mail and mentioned that my file is now ready for interview, but when I called NVC rep on the phone she mentioned that only your case was completed because you did not mention that your wife and son will not accompany you to USA and you have not paid their application fee. I mentioned its not true I have fee bill but they say no. Can anyone please suggest what should I do?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. Where are your spouse and child now?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They are living with me in Canada
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My wife and I are in canada since April 2010 and son was born in 2014.

Did you file a DS-260 for you and one for your spouse and one for your son meaning three individual DS-260 forms?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have filed everything together and later NVC sent 2 different tracking numbers (myself and my spouse) and now they are saying that they have not received fee for DS 260 for my spouse and child.

But was there any particular reason that you felt the need to call the NVC? Was it because you believed something was wrong because only your file looked like it was ready?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to confirm the status of spouse and child's case to check if they have merged with my case but now I was told by NVC that only my case was completed.

Do you have receipt numbers for each payment or all payments were under the same receipt number?