Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

Im from europe, and i have a boyfriend in prison in Idaho-

Customer Question
orofino, are they any possibilities...
Im from europe, and i have a boyfriend in prison in Idaho- orofino, are they any possibilities that i could visit him. I wanted to apply for fiancee visa but i was told i have to take pictures with my boyfriend and his family. Can you help with that? I tried to cantact his prison by email but i never got any anwsers back. Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/25/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team replied 1 year ago
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that you cannot get a fiance visa under these circumstances, since there is no proof of physical relationship. However, if you do not make any mention of any intent to get married or visiting a fiance and just wish to come to the US to see friends and see the country, you can get a visitor visa and come to the US at least for a short time to visit and then you can get your pictures together and interact as much as the prison will allow you to interact and you can leave the country and subsequently obtain a fiance visa, which by the way he would have to file on your behalf and be able to sign sponsorship documentation for that visa to be approved, including proof of the ability to marry (meaning if he is in prison the warden must give consent to marriage).
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.