How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have overstayed on J1 visa for 9 years and I am married to

Customer Question

hi i have overstayed on J1 visa for 9 years and I am married to H1
JA: If your visa has expired, was there any delay in applying for an extension due to extraordinary circumstances that were out of your control?
Customer: my employer filed for H1 but it was denied by USCIS i got waiver from DOS for my J1
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes I am going to my home country
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: npthing
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What is your immigration question?