How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28813
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sent in my Adjustment of status for my (K1) wife back in

Customer Question

I sent in my Adjustment of status for my (K1) wife back in January.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can i withdraw my i-485 for my wife - she left me for another man
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
can i withdraw my i-485? My K1 wife left for another man
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

I am working on your answer. I did now want you to believe you were being ignored. I will send what I have written so far and write more.

Oh dear, I am so very sorry for your horrible treatment.

Fortunately, although you cannot withdraw theI-485, that is her application you can withdraw the I-864, the affidavit of support. Without your Affidavit of support the I-485 cannot be approved.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your patience.

I would suggest you write a statement to USCIS and describe the marriage fraud that she engaged in by abandoning you to live with another man.

If you have any evidence of her being with another man, include that.

You can make an appointment with the InfoPass desk at your local field office by going to this link bring with you your statement and include her name, date and place of birth and her immigration file A# ***** you have it. Also include your name date of birth and place of birth.

I would suggest you take with you two copies of your letter and evidence and have the immigration officer who takes your statement stamp your copy as filed.

Doing this will release you of your liability under the affidavit of support and cause her 485 based on your marriage to be denied.

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

After you finish reading the rest of my answer, please let me know if it was helpful and if there is anything I can answer further for you. If you feel a telephone call would be helpful, I am available to discuss your situation with no time limit.


Related Immigration Law Questions