How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 9364
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was issued a TWIC card by Homeland Security I lost it was

Customer Question

I was issued a TWIC card by Homeland Security I lost it was issued a new one found my old one today I was on the job and Homeland Security came by and scan my old one I thought it was my new one that wasn't am I am how much I need legal advice tonight soon as possible
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): CaliforniaMore Info:
Can I got in trouble for having the old card
I a couple years ago after I lost my card my old card then I found my old card I did not turn it in I was on the job homeland security scan my card and it was the old card I had on me and my new card is home seems like I heard you can get in trouble for being in possession if two cards are both cards I don't know if I should go back to work fraid I'm going to get in troutrouble..A couple years ago I lost my TWIC card I got a new one issued to me then I found my old one today I found myself at the refinery and they were scanning TWIC cards I had the old one in my possession from what I understand you're not supposed to have t from what I understand you're not supposed to have 2 cards in your possession I didn't turn in the old car I didn't turn in the old card I should have am I in trouble please let me know I don't want to go to work tomorrow if I'm in trouble I need to know tonight's
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

First, don't panic or loose sleep over this. It was an innocent mistake.

You need to schedule an appointment with the nearest TWIC application center on Monday and take in both cards. Explain to them what happened and that it was an innocent mistake.

Surrender the card that they ask you for back and ask for them to put an annotation in your electronic file that you mistakenly had your old card you thought you lost and had replaced scanned the week before.

They aren't going to fine you or put you in jail for making a mistake like this. It isn't as though you used some else's card or intentionally defrauded DHS. You made a human error and they will fix it for you.

Schedule an appointment online or call (855)(###) ###-####/a> weekdays, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET. Walk-ins are welcome but appointments take priority.

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

You never gave me an opportunity to give you the legal authority for your situation and not having to worry about returning the old card to DHS.

You never even read my answer!


Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 9 months ago.

New Expert here.

You can mail them the old card with a cover letter explaining that you found it after they issued a new one.​


"If I find my lost card after I reported it missing, can I still use it?

No. If you find your card after ordering a replacement, then you should destroy the old card or return it directly to TSA to the address on the back of the card."

I hope this information is helpful.

Related Immigration Law Questions