Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

My employer filed for new Amendment in January 2016. We

Customer Question
HI,my employer filed for new...
HI,my employer filed for new Amendment in January 2016.
We received an RFE in the month of July19,2016 and my employer/Attorney answered the same with in the timeline.
Now we received new I-797B approval -valid from 10/05/2016 to 09/25/2017.without I94,my employer told me go home country and do again visa stamping ,so what I will do?
.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/21/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.

Amendment for what? What benefit is it seeking?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
H1b amendiment

OK, thank you very much.

When does your visa stamp expire?

And for what was the amendment? What did you ask for in the amendment?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
September 25,2017

Please respond to all of my questions. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CIS noticed a discrepancy with my paystubs. Her 2015 end-of-year total compensation appears to be only $29,697, even though she was in the US and working for 10 months of 2015. Is that figure correct? If so, we’ll need to be careful how you explain that, since her salary offer was $62,000/year. .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We received an RFE in the month of July19,2016 and my employer/Attorney answered the same with in the timeline.after I received I797B without I-94.so my employer told me go home country.do visa stamp.what I will do???please let me know.

OK, thank you very much. Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: You don't have a choice in the matter. If you do not have a valid I-94, you must leave the US and come back legally. If your visa stamp is still valid, you can use it to re-enter the US.

Again, you do not have an option but to leave the US because you are currently out oof status and do not have a valid I-94.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.

I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what is the date leave the US.

Please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Otherwise, I do not get credit for doing my job today. Thank you!

ANSWER: Technically, you are out of status and accruing unlawful presence, so you should leave ASAP. But officers generally overlook a reasonable amount of time—about 10 days fro the date of notice—to tie up your affairs and go.

Please note I do not make the rules. I am just providing you with information. So please do not hold it against me.

Again, please ensure that I am compensated for doing my job by giving me 4 or 5 stars. Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer