How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

MY fianc� in the Dominican Republic received her K 1 visa in

Customer Question

MY fianc� in the Dominican Republic received her K 1 visa in Oct. 2016. She is still in the D R. Originally she was going to bring her child at a future time. She now wants to bring him now before she comes to the U S to get married. the child is on the i129 f and her ds 160 how do I get the child a k 2 visa before she comes to the U S
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You state that the child is on the I-129F and the DS-160. So it sounds like the child has been petitioned for. If so, has the child simply not been cleared for a K2 yet, or, what exactly is the issue? Did she say that she did not wish to bring the child to the interviewer, for example?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!