Immigration Law

Immigration Law Questions? Ask an Immigration Lawyer.

Immigration Law

I'm on F-1 visa with currently on OPT, Yeah recently my OPT

Customer Question
Hi Pearl Wilson. Good Morning JA...
Hi Pearl Wilson. Good Morning
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: This is Ravi Teja and i'm on F-1 visa with currently on OPT
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Yeah recently my OPT expired on Sep 9th 2016 And I processed for renewal for OPT STEM Extension The status shows me that my file has been received on sep 9th.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yesterday I called to customer card and requested to expedite Nope not yet I selected EMERGENCY SITUATION
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That my grand father is on Ventilator and in serious situation. just couple of minutes ago I received an email from USCIS in order to process my expedite USCIS asked me to submit couple of documents I need help with that documentation aprt part**
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Immigration Law
10/20/2016
Immigration Lawyer: Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. What questions may I answer for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Uscis gave me a list of documents to submit in order to process my expedite request.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The documents may include:- A letter written by the attending physician that describes the patient's current condition, diagnosis, and prognosis.
- A letter written and signed by you that explains why your application or petition should be expeditiously processed.
- Any other information you feel will support your request for expedited processing.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My situation was worst as of now. I'm on expired EAD. Expired sep 9th 2016. And applied for renewal (STEM Extension) .In order to travel abroad and coming back at the port of entry there is high chance of risk factor with my expired EAD.
So, I dont want to face that critical situation and that why I requested for expedited my status

Ok. And what do you need help with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Even If apply as of now . I need more prescise on my status that what other documentation can I submit other than Physician
letter and My self attestation letter

Usually they would be fine with those two letters and perhaps some medical evidence of the condition. So you should try to get medical reports from the doctor and/or hospital, maybe medical bills. The more you can get about your grandfather's condition and the seriousness of it, the better it will be to get your case expedited.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also I support my Tickets purchased as a proof. Are my flight tickets support other documentation. Please clarify about this one also

You can add them, but that wouldn't be primary evidence. The medical evidence is what you need.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if the physician letter written other than in English, where should I have translate . DO I need to attestation with any attorney ?
And thank you or clearing everything .

Anything in a foreign language must be translated into English and certified. Certified means that whomever translates it has to put on the bottom of the translation something like the following:

“CERTIFICATE OF TRANSLATOR’S COMPETENCE”

I [name of translator], hereby certify that I translated this document from [foreign language] to English. The translation is accurate and complete. I further certify that I am fully competent to translate from [foreign language] to English.

______________________________

[name of translator]

Translator

Obviously the translator would need to sign it. The translator does not have to be anyone special, just someone that is not an immediate relative nor connected to the case nor a close friend, usually. So perhaps the friend of a friend. You do not need an attorney to attest to anything.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.