Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I am currently applying for i-485 adjustment of status but I

Hi
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I am currently applying for i-485 adjustment of status but I am confused because I have two passports and I used one for visitor visa and another one for the student visa so I have two i-94 when I was filling in the i485, it required me to fill in the i-94 number should I fill in both i-94?
JA: What is your current visa status, and what status do you wish to adjust to?
Customer: my current visa status is F1 and the status I wish to adjust to is permanent resident (I have an approved i-130 petition)
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I tried to contact a lawyer, but it seems that no one can answer me firmly
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all thanks!

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks James.

OK, thank you very much. Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: Fill in both I-94 numbers and provide copies of both passports. then in the cover letter, provide an explanation of this. In terms of what to put on the form, either would work, but I would use the I-94 issued and the passport you used wen you entered the US.

Generally, it is better to provide additional information than it is to provide insufficient information.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.

I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for answering, James! I do really appreciate your help!

No problem at all. But please do make sure you give me credit for doing my job today. If you need information on how to do that, I am glad to provide it.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.