How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 747
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

FOR Would a U.S citizenship come much later after obtaining

Customer Question

FOR JAMESWould a U.S citizenship come much later after obtaining a green card and if so when would I file for this, how much would it cost and how would I file for this?Also since I am obtaining an adjustment of status through a K-1 visa, would I have to go through interviews and medical examinations?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

After having your green card for 3 years, you will be eligible to apply for citizenship. You can begin the process about 3-4 months prior to the end of 3 years having a green card by filing the N-400 application. There is no medical evaluation for going from green card to citizenship but there is a biometrics appointment to take your fingerprints, an interview and a relatively simple test taken during the interview. All the answers to the test are provided to you in a booklet so it just requires some modest study. The current cost is $680.

Does that answer everything for you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you know anything about K1 visas mays I ask?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

I know some, ask and lets see if I know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
a couple questions about K1 visas.
In a few years, I have plans to marry a girl in america and I am going to be using the K-1 visa route (as in get married under a K-1 visa through a petition for alien relative form and then file for an adjustment of status)I understand that a K-1 visa is other known as a fiance visa and it allows a person to go to the U.S for a strict purpose of marriage. Do you know If I would have to visit a U.S consulate interview for a K-1 visa or is it one of the occasionaly visas that avoids this.Also if I become married and file for my AOS and the K-1 visa was to run out before my AOS was processed would I be forced home? or would I e granted residence until my AOS has been processed?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

Sorry I actually do not know whether you need to visit a consulate or not coming from the U.K.

I suggest you ask this as a different question for that since it is different from the initial question and then someone that knows the answers to those questions will be able to help you.

Please kindly rate the response so the initial question can by closed. Thank you and good luck.