How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 109645
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

FOR GUILLERMO. My wife and I are finally ready to file for

This answer was rated:

FOR GUILLERMO. Hello, My wife and I are finally ready to file for adjustment of status. But the medical examinations might take about 2 weeks. So, from the regular processing times, the EAD should take about 90 days. That's like almost 120 days away. But I currently have a job offer ready. Will it be okay if I start working before receiving my EAD? I understand that it is unauthorized work but I've read that it is pardonable since I am a direct relative to the US citizen. Please advise

Welcome back and thank you for requesting me by name. It's not "OK" but if the employer doesn't care, USCIS will not deny you Residency through a U.S. Citizen spouse for having worked without authorization.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you