Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Sorry i just get to know know about you right now from my

Customer Question

Sorry i just get to know know about you right now from my husband
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: nope..... I am just an H4 holder
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no.... i just got my H4
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 10 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Hi, what was your question please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am an H4 holder
How can i get a work permit in U.S.A.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello... are you there.... I cant afford to make a call with $59 .... Can you help me please... ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello....

Yes, we can converse on this chat forum versus a phone call; a few minutes please as I prepare a response.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I paid $5........ Can you please give me an answer please.................. This is cheating

I'm sorry; I need to opt out; please don't respond to this as this will delay a contributor from assisting you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need an answer.....
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Does your spouse have an I-140 filed for him and approved?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If you are on H-4 and want a work permit, your H-1B spouse has to have an I-140 approved or must have been granted H-1B status under sections 106(a) and (b) of the AC21.. Here is an official link:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/employment-authorization-certain-h-4-dependent-spouses

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi,I am not sure if my husband has I-40 or not? My husband has a valid H1B petition.
Where do i need to check? If I-40 is for Permanent residence then my husband doesn't have it.
Please let me know in details.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Yes, the I-140 is part of the green card process. If his employer or any employer has not filed anything for him to get a green card, then you cannot get a work permit. I am truly sorry.

Please don't forget that positive rating. I only keep mentioning it because if you can believe it, about 30% to 40% of people on this site don't leave a positive rating and since I am not given a salary to be here, it's as if I spent my time responding for free. So you can understand, that's like working 40 hours per week, 5 days a week and not being compensated for every Friday and most Thursdays. That's the only reason I keep mentioning it. Sorry if it is a bother as it is not my intention. If you don't see the stars by my name, I think all you have to do is scroll to the top of the page or click on my name and they will come out. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.