How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Judith Ludwic Your Own Question
Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 28944
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Judith Ludwic is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I legalize just by beaning in the USA for more Then 15

Customer Question

can I legalize just by beaning in the USA for more Then 15 years and be married a permeated resident who have been in the USA for 30 Years
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

No there is no law that automatically gives you permanent resident status based on your being here for 15 years.

If you have the misfortune of being caught and put into removal proceedings and the judge orders you removed you can request cancellation of removal based on your length of presence in the US, being of good moral character (no criminal history) and proving extreme hardship to your permanent resident spouse if you are required to depart the US.

Cancellation of removal is just that. The judge orders you removed and in his discretion cancels the order based on the above criteria. The judge is not required to cancel the removal order but finds the extreme hardship merits the action.

Your husband should get naturalized and sponsor you.

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 11 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.