How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5098
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my wife pettion for me for adjustment of status even as

Customer Question

Hi, can my wife pettion for me for adjustment of status even as she is unemploye
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My wife receive disability money from government every month I want to know with help of affidavit of surport ,can she petion for my green card?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
More so, she has files for her formal husband but she found out that the marriage was not in good faith she went to immigration office to informed them that she is no longer interest in the marriage and she divorce him after the husband has gotten work permit
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can my wife filling the i-864 and some once else making two i-864
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Yes, your wife can petition for you even if she is unemployed AS LONG as she earns enough with her disability money, which is $20,025 a year. If she does NOT earn enough, then she can still petition you but she would need what is called a joint sponsor which is like a co sponsor of buying a car. The person would have to earn enough depending on the size of their family. Both your wife and the sponsor have to fill out the I-864. So even if your wife does not earn enough, they both need to fill one out.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello again. I see that you were able to view all my answers a few days ago but you have not responded or left a rating. Please let me know if you have followup if not kindly remember to leave feedback. Thanks for your consideration.