How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had my son in 2011 he was born in the philippines. His

Customer Question

Hi, I had my son in 2011 he was born in the philippines . His father was never there for him , even when i carried him for 9mos . I never reported my pregnancy to the US embassy or when i gave birth to him . And i had come back to the US after his 1st birthday to be able to support him . I see him mostly everyday and continue to send money . But i was wondering if there was a way for my son to live with me here in the US ? And if he has the right to claim his US citizenship since I was born and raised in the US . His last name isnt his father's , he has my last name could that be a problem getting him over here ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

To be clear, you went to the Philippines to give birth?

Do you have all your pre-natal medical records?

Your name is ***** ***** birth certificate and does it say you are a US citizen?

You have spent at least 5 years in the US after your birth and at least 2 of those years were after the age of 14?