How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4750
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about I290 form, i am planning to file i

Customer Question

I have a question about I290 B form
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: i am planning to file i am working on it
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to knew that I have applied for change of status i.e for reinstatement but I send the documents to wrong address and they denied my case so i have to apply soon by these two days. I have gathered my previous application and evidence of I-539 can do i need to attach those also with I290
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

If you still have time for the reinstatement then it is better if you just file the reinstatement application without a need for the I-290B. The I-290B is only if you want to appeal because you have new evidence or USCIS committed an error.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They have denied the case and said me to Apply for a motion to reopen a petition
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Yes but they denied it because you sent it to the wrong address, not because USCIS made a mistake. Instead of paying for the motion to reopen, if you still have time left to apply for a brand new reinstatement, then I suggest that you do that.