How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After we talk about case they open my case in Montreal

Customer Question

After we talk about case they open my case in Montreal embassy but now they said they have not received i601 notice for my wife but at time interviewe they give me papper with only my name on required I 601 approval so what can I do now
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they did not receive the I-601 for your wife, you need to get her form submitted again as it is likely lost. You need to first call USCIS to find out what happened to her I-601 waiver request and if they cannot locate it, then you need to refile it for her to get the process restarted. USCIS can help at least tell you the status of her waiver or if perhaps they never received it.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They never asked me for waver i601 for my time interview they give me papper it says only my name on it . So I applied for me . She was approved and it says no records for 221 g for her on over account with embassy.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
If she has not been denied admission, then the I-601 waiver of inadmissibility is not required for her though. So you would not need it for her. She would need the waiver of inadmissibility if she had been denied or there was a possibility she would be denied.