How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nisha Jones, Esq. Your Own Question
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 746
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Nisha Jones, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I ck on bringing a dear friend from India to me in

Customer Question

how do I ck on bringing a dear friend from India to me in US.bornand raised in India
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: only in India
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Good evening, I am an Immigration attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only as we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few moments to prepare some information for you. Thanks!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Just to clarify, are you a US citizen? Also, are you related to this individual by any family relationship?

These questions will help me to best assist you. I'll wait to hear back, thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no call
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
am I going to get any answers back ?
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my apologies, I've been traveling for work this week so my schedule has been a bit different. Please give me just a few minutes to type up some information for you. Thanks!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

To clarify your previous answers, you are a US citizen, correct? And do you have any type of familial relationship with the other individual-- for example, sibling, fiance, or spouse?

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I haven't heard back from you, so you're most probably offline right now. I'll send you the necessary information, and we can take it from there if you need anything clarified. I don't want you to have to wait any longer, especially with me having been traveling this week.

There are limited pathways to obtaining US citizenship or permanent residence. If you are a US citizen, then you can file for their green card if the other person is your fiance, spouse, or sibling.

If they are none of the above, and would nonetheless like to move to the US, they'll have to fit into another category in order for that to be an option. The other categories involve either have a "specialty" training such as in engineering or the medical field, or some other profession for which there may be a shortage in the US-- these categories are called H1 or EB2 visas.

The only other option for moving to the US that your friend could potentially qualify for is an investor visa. The EB5 investor visa is for permanent residence, and the E2 investor visa is nonimmigrant (so it doesn't supply a permanent residence green card). The EB5 investor visa does require a $500,000 USD investment into your company though, so that one has limited attainability.

I hope that helps! Again, sorry for the delayed response since I've been travelling. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'll be back to the site periodically throughout the day and again tonight. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Related Immigration Law Questions