Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am need to ask about my visa now i have a B1 visa and my

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: i am need to ask about my visa now i have a B1 visa and my wife have an F1 visa i want to change my visa to be F2 what should i do
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: no
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

When does your B1 status expire?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in march

Sorry about the delay. I had retired for the evening. You would file an I-539 as soon as possible, well before your B status expires. You would provide evidence that your spouse is on F-1 student status taking the required amount of classes. It isn't very complicated. Here is a link to the form:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-539

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it help me and I have one more question in the DHS office they will ask me to show any marriage certificate or no to make sure that this is my wife for real as I have it in Arabic not translated

Well, the whole basis of the COS is that you are married to someone that is in F-1. So you would have to show evidence that you are married to that person and that the person is maintaining valid F-1 status. So you would need a certified translation of the marriage certificate, copies of any divorce certificates if either of you have been married before, copies of her I-20 and her current registration to show she is taking classes. currently.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Hello. I'm just following up with you again to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!