Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

I passed my test 1/28/2014 at Buffalo NY waiting for my oath

Customer Question

I passed my test 1/28/2014 at Buffalo NY waiting for my oath ceremony? ??
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am an Immigration attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only as we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

Is there a more specific legal question that I can help you with? I'll wait to hear back, thanks!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you still wanted help with answering your questions? Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I passed my citizenship test....1/28/2014 & since then I am waiting for my oath ceremony? Can you help me how long? ??

You should have already received a date for your oath ceremony by now, usually the wait time after your interview until your oath ceremony is around 3 months, sometimes sooner. Your wait time has been much too long. Perhaps your mail correspondence got misplaced or there was some other issue.

My recommendation is to contact the local immigration office where your interview was held-- where you took your citizenship exam-- and inquire about your oath ceremony date. They should be able to get this taken care of for you.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!