How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jen Marie, Esq. Your Own Question
Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5079
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Jen Marie, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am preparing to file for my adjustment of status through

Customer Question

Hello I am preparing to file for my adjustment of status through marriage and I have a record of arrest (no charges filed) and one of the document that I had to submit was
"An original official statement by the arresting agency or applicable court order confirming that no charges were filed​"
But I do not know which document will qualify as this. I do not have any records with the court because no charges were filed, I do have an arrest record.
What document(s) do I have to prepare?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the attorney helping you oday.

You can go to the criminal court records office and ask for a document showing that you have no charged filed. They will usually have an overview document available with your entire record that you can provide to USCIS.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That was very helpful, but what about the first part "an original official statement by the arresting agency." Do I just have to file the court order or do I need to file the arrest record because I have read online they sometimes make someone with a criminal record bring an arrest record.
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

The statement by the arresting agency would be the arrest report or court order if no arrest report is available.

I hope that helps clarify and hope you can now issue a rating.