How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3941
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend that was in Singapore on an Work Permit for

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a friend that was in Singapore on an Work Permit for Performing Artiste up until Sept 29, then had to go back to Philippines as it expired after six months.
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: no
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am a US citizen working in Singapore on an employment pass. No, this is my first attempt to investigate this question.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think I am already chatting with a lawyer named Eli
don't know where that chat went
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
this is a question about Singapore immigration law
Have I gone to the wrong place?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello, anyone there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't understand how this works. Where is the lawyer?
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

You are in the US immigration law category. We do not have a lawyer for Singapore immigration law.

I will opt out. I just wanted to give you the courtesy of notice.