How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3963
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son's father is an immigrant. He was brought to the U.S

Customer Question

My son's father is an immigrant. He was brought to the U.S when he was 2 years old. We are thinking about marriage and I brought up the topic of me being able to fix his documents so that he can be a resident. Is this possible?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet, I have a friend that is illegal here as well. She got married and her husband was able to help her fix her papers. That is why I am asking because I am unsure if it is true.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is it for now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!